Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quotes I love

“Fairy tales don’t tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.” - G.K. Chesterton

"Don't just stand there, go and die." - Jack Miller

"If you make me laugh I know I can make you like me. Cause when I laugh I can be a lot of fun." - Rich Mullins

"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." - Elrond (The Fellowship of the Ring, p. 283)

The stories go unnoticed not because they are kept secret but because the people around are blind to God. So many eyes, glazed by television, don't see the God stories being enacted right before them, sometimes in their own homes. It is my task, I have decided, to see, to listen.
- Eugene Peterson - Under the Unpredictable Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment